Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Testing the waters…

So I mentioned the other day that I’ve been busy working on a little project that I was excited to show you.  And I AM excited.  But I’m a little nervous too…

Because I decided to start an Etsy shop!  I’ve been toying with it for awhile, but I decided to stick my little baby toe in the water and narrow my merchandise down to Christmas-y things.

I love making things, but you know…my house can only hold so much stuff.  {Somewhere, that just made Tyler sing.}  And every time I walk in to those cute little gift shops, I drool over everything…and then gawk at the price tag.

So I wanted to provide a little place in the world for cute Christmas/hostess/stocking stuffer gifts for the upcoming season!  I made one of everything as a display item and everything ordered will be custom made—at least until I get an idea of what people want or if they even want.

I’m a little terrified that no one will buy anything.  But then again, I’m a little terrified they will!  So here it is…my little venture into the etsy world.  Be kind.

There are picture frames…

10 30 11_7483b 10 30 11_7488b

Personalized coasters…

10 30 11_7565b 10 30 11_7572b

“Vintage” coasters…

10 30 11_7562b 10 30 11_7560b

Pillows…

10 30 11_7582b 10 30 11_7599b

And more!  Go check it out!

I’m still working on a few more items and a friend of mine from the graphic design world is potentially joining in the fun—see keep checking back for fun new items.

If it doesn’t go anywhere, no harm, no foul, right??

HOWEVER.  It would be more fun if it at least took a few steps…

So let’s do a GIVEAWAY!  Here’s how to enter…

1. Become a BD follower!  {Use your email account or create an account.}

2. Leave a comment telling me your favorite item—this is what you get if you win.  Or I guess you can pick something else. But don’t you want to win your favorite item?  Whatever.  Your choice!

3. Tweet the giveaway and mention me in it @KateGrassmeyer OR if you don’t have twitter just tell me what your favorite Christmas/holiday movie of all time is.

Tell your momma, tell your friends… Thanks for your help and thanks for playing!!

17 comments:

Lauren McConnell Hollis said...

Your stuff is all AMAZING! Love all of it!

Carmen Fenton said...

Love everything!!! Am sharing this with all my girlfriends and making a purchase myself.

Kate G. said...

Eeek! THANK YOU!! :)

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

So fun!!! Everything looks great! I love the pillows best! Don't have twitter and really don't have a favorite Christmas movie (sorry). But if I'm not already a follower, I will become one! Hope you sell lots of stuff. It's fun having a hobby that can make you some extra money:).

A Full House and a Happy Heart said...

I love it all too! My favorite item might be the pillows. I have a chair that one of them would look so nice in! I will be sure to share this with others!

Chelsea said...

I absolutely ADORE the book page ornaments and the pillows! I don't have a twitter, but I absolutely love Miracle on 34th Street (the older version) and A Christmas Story! Good luck with your ventures!

Molly BW said...

Good job Kathryn!!! Your stuff is great. About time you started marketing your talents for those of us who'd just rather buy it from you sometimes :) Ok- so my favorite is the Christmas ornament pillow

Molly BW said...

Oh and my favorite Christmas movie is either A Christmas Story or National Lampoon's Christmas movie. sorry if these are supposed to be in the same comment.

Erin said...

Oh my gosh everything is so stinking PRECIOUS! I'll be hitting your store up for Christmas gifts very, very soon!

Shana said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! so excited for you! You're things are amazing!! I can't wait to shop your new shop.
I love everything, but I think my favorites are the pillows. They're fantastic!!! I think I love the postage stamp one a little more...If I must choose one.
I'm not a member of Twitter, but you can check out my shout out to you on my blog and fb page...http://southerngirlshana.blogspot.com/2011/11/barefoot-daydreams.html.
And, my favorite all time Christmas movie???Hmm, hard one, but absolutely love A Christmas story!!! It's one movie I always watched with my Daddy!

All Things Cherish said...

Congrats! This is so awesome and I can't wait to order some of the adorable coasters for myself and a few gifts. I'm glad you finally heeded your readers' advice and opened a shop. I have no doubt it's going to be a success.

Abbie said...

HOW FUN!!! I am an Etsy junkie, so as soon as I log on, I'll be sure to add you to my favorites:)

I really love of all of them but my cats would tear up those beautiful pillows! It would be nice to have some Christmas coasters!

Of course you know I'm a follower and because I do not tweet, I'll share my favorite Holiday movie...although it really could be a tie between 6 or 7 of them, but we'll go with White Christmas. So Christmasy, so classic!

veflexra said...

I'm so glad you made all this ! Everything is so cute! I hope you branch off into things that aren't christmasy later on. I have a twitter but I don't have any followers...I just stalk people. My favorite holiday movie is The Grinch with Jim Carey. I will share this with my friends!

Sara said...

Congrats on the shop! Love the coasters and pillows! I think I clicked over from Carmen's blog ages ago, and kept reading! Will have to go with Love Actually!

Sarah said...

YAY! Congrats on the shop...I'm so excited for you! I know it will be very successful..your stuff is all amazing! If I had to pick, I would say my fave would be the Noel pillow.

I'm already a follow of BD (of course!) and I don't have a Twitter account, so I will go the Christmas movie route. I can't think of a fave right now, but one that I like that no one has mentioned yet is The Holiday.

Jess said...

I am so excited for you! My favorite item is the Noel pillow and my favorite Christmas movie is Lampoon's Christmas vacation! I am a follower, of course :)

Kristy said...

I like it all but especially the pillows. I'd have a hard time putting them away after Christmas!! And Elf, while not a classic, gets funnier everytime we watch it. (Santa? I know him!)