Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This one’s a snoozer…

What’s up readers!  Bored yet?

Me too.

I have been so busy lately I haven’t even had time to Pinterest!  {That is some serious busyness right there.} And since I’m busy, I’m tired. And so I sleep and then I work and then I travel and then I’m tired again so I sleep again.  So then nothing interesting happens to blog about.

But Puerto Rico was an absolute blast and a welcome few days away from DC, with plenty of sunshine and daiquiri permanently glued to my hand.  I haven’t even uploaded my pictures yet, but a recap is on its way!  We all had a great time and Christine & Andy are married so I consider the trip a smashing success.

What else has been going on, you ask?  Well…

  • I signed up for my first half marathon {In Savannah this November.  I can finally scratch off #6.}
  • I got addicted to Pinterest.
  • We saw Next to Normal at the Kennedy Center which was phenomenal. I am currently memorizing the score.
  • We said goodbye to our friends Chris & Alison, which made me super sad…06 24 11_6574
  • Cora and I went junking and garage saling together unattended, which is always dangerous.  So I spent a whopping $20 and came home with all these beauties.  I smell my next three DIM projects. {And spray paint.  Lots and lots of spray paint.}

07 02 11_6641

  • I’m taking a continuing ed course this week which is a nice way to come back from vacation.  It’s called Brain Gym and I am fascinated.  Caution if you ask me about it— I might not shut up.  If you’re a teacher or therapist, I highly recommend it.
  • My birthday is next month. Maybe I should post a wish list?  I’m thinking of hosting a fun dinner party and making our back patio look like this…

{Perhaps on a slightly smaller scale.}

  • I’m watching While You Were Sleeping right now, a movie I will always heart.  I remember my 5th grade teacher told me I reminded her of Sandra Bullock after she saw this movie and I loved her for saying that because homegirl did not look like Sandra Bullock in 5th grade.
  • I have not seen an SJT since the blog post!  Thank you for all of your emotional support—I laughed out loud at your comments.
  • Every craft store within 10 miles is sold out and continues to be sold out of “Thunder Blue” Folk Art, which means half way through summer, I still have one blue and one brown curtain hanging.  Cool.06 24 11_6539

So…that’s kinda it.  Up next though, crafty crafts and Puerto Rico!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

You managed to get all of that stuff for 20 bucks?! I really need to start garage sale-ing! I can't wait to see what you're going to do with your new found treasures!