Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Old Switcheroo

If you know me, you know I love big purses.  And if you use big purses, you know one thing: they acquire lots of crap. 

So. I switched purses today, which is always a daunting task.  Depending on how much time I have dictates the extent of the purse swap: The committed purse swap vs. The this-doesn't-match-and-I’m-running-out-the-door-so-I’ll-just-grab-the-essentials switcharoo.  I inevitably hate myself for the running-out-the-door swap because of what awaits me six months later… But today, I had the time and made the committed purse swap for the Spring season.  And here’s what I found…

04 19 10_2804

  • Three different store saver cards (I always fill them out for the discount…and then can never find the card again. Shocking.)
  • Three gift cards
  • 5 pens and two bottles of hand sanitizer (welcome to pediatrics)
  • Three packets of Splenda that were amazingly not degraded to the point of sugar spillage. (I always grab an extra packet when I buy coffee.)
  • Three ticket stubs to events in three different cities
  • 1 piece of gum
  • FIVE different post-it pads
  • One hotel room key
  • Business cards from two of my brothers (Where you at, Charles?)
  • A luggage claim tag
  • One of those coffee stoppers from Starbucks (genius invention, by the way…)
  • Two Blockbuster cards, one of which with my mother’s name on it
  • Two sunglass holders, yet one pair of glasses…
  • A packet of thank you cards
  • A black bracelet I took off in the middle of the Easter service when I realized I had a brown cardigan on…
  • McDonald’s Monopoly game pieces (Surprising)
  • 1 blank check
  • And 525,600 receipts from various food and clothing venues across the United States

8 comments:

Julia said...

It's amazing what a girl can find. But your findings inspires me to look and see what things I can find in my purses. I'll let you know.

Shellbelle said...

I always wonder why my purse is so heavy. Then I switch handbags and I am amazed at all of the junk I carry around!

Ashley said...

I have a random question for you! Other than Pottery Barn, what are your favorite furniture companies that have online websites? Thanks!! :)

Charles said...

Kathryn, for my inaugural post to your blog site, I will tell you this: your blog invaded my dreams last night. I dreamt that you posted an embarassing video of me on your blog. The video was of me talking in my sleep to you, David, and Becky, warning you all ominously of the soon to come invasion of the gays.

Charles said...

Sorry that had nothing to do with the old switcheroo...

heather ryan morse said...

what is a coffee stopper??!! must know!

Randy, Becky, and Halley said...

Heather!! You don't know what the coffee stopper is?!?! Seriously, best invention ever. It keeps your coffee from sloshing around and spilling everywhere.

Charles, I love you.

Randy, Becky, and Halley said...

Oh, and sis, my favorite is the pack of note cards...how can you miss those?!?! Though we may have the same emotional DNA, purse-DNA we do not...clean mine out every few weeks because the junk drives me nuts!