Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just Some Stuff From Tuesday…

1. All hail the return of Glee!! (“Did you know dolphins are just gay sharks?”) However, Parenthood is without a doubt my current favorite dramedy… I don’t know if it’s the big family or what, but I love it.  Love. It.

2. It is a crying shame that Taylor Swift’s “Fifteen” did not exist when I was 15.  My fifteen year old emotions are soooooo validated when I listen to that song. Additionally, I could have really used the song “Gives You Hell” from say… 1998 to 2005.

3. Speaking of 1998, I have been running with a neoprene knee brace since my freshman year of high school.  Once I started PT school, I quickly learned what my issue was (and how to fix it), but never stopped using my knee brace.  Well, guess who ran three miles tonight without it?? For the first time in 12 years, I ran three miles without my knee brace!  Granted, I ran slow to not overwhelm little lefty, but I did it.  It’s the little things, right?

4. Speaking of high school… I had to explain to my sister today what zit cream is.  Like, she literally asked me, “What is zit cream?”  My explanation started with, “I know you haven’t had a zit since you were 15 but, honestly?” [I will spare you the story that led up to mentioning zit cream.]

5. We pay $10 apiece for the light bulbs that fit our recessed lighting. Ten dollars. Each.  And they all seem to burn out in groups of five.  This week, I decided to live dangerously and buy the $3 light bulb that looked about the same size. And….drum roll… It worked!  And after three years of living here, I find this out one month before our lease expires.  Cool.

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Adam, April & Aidan said...

OH. MY. GOSH. How have I missed Parenthood when I was the one that wrote a blog post about how I couldn't wait to see it! How many episodes have I missed. And Taylor Swift, her songs get me every time. I feel the same way about Fifteen!!!! Did you also explain to your sister there are multiple uses for zit cream as well???? Hahahahaha! Love your blog.

Megan said...

Sooo...I'm no stranger to zits...but I don't know about the zit cream either!! My excuse? I always had to use the "heavy" stuff...the creams or pills you had to have a prescription for! Don't hate, ok? I relish in my flawless, acne-free skin nowadays...it took some work!

Kate G. said...

Whaaaa? Come on people! Zit cream! Like Clearasil? Stuff that comes out of a tube that you put on zits to make them go away? Am I alone in this??

And seriously April-- I thought you were my Parenthood alli? It is soooo good. It's been coming on since the superbowl, I think, so we're several episodes in... You MUST catch up via the internet. :)

Adam, April & Aidan said...

Woah! Since the Super Bowl? Am I living under a rock?? I will catch up via Hulu IMMEDIATELY! Ugh also, the bag I posted about I want in white too!!! I am sure it will get dirty but it's so cute!

Debby said...

Okay - you mentioned your lease being up in a month - any decisions on where you will be living say like June?