Sunday, September 28, 2008

"We just got whipped."

On August 11th, 2007 I stood up at the altar and promised my life and love to one man. In his hands I placed my trust that he would never intentionally hurt me, leave me, or betray my trust. And with that, I assumed my days of potential heartbreak and vulnerability were done.

But as I lay in bed last night, I thought aloud to Tyler and came to this conclusion: passionately loving a sports team is like being in a bad relationship. You're completely head over heels for a person who has the sole power to send you into a state of euphoria or total disappointment. One week they're awesome and the next week they never call. As soon as they win you back and convince you they'll never hurt you again, they're at it again. And you can never call it off. You're constantly exposed to disappointment...

Damnit Bulldawgs. I just can't quit you.

With that, I don't mean to imply the Dawgs intentionally disappointed me or that I've given up for the season (or that I'm expecting them to lose again, at least like that!). I'll just feel this way until the next time I see them win (or everyone in the top ten lose). This article gave
more hope than ESPN's synopsis (remember, I couldn't watch the game and requested the DVR be erased, so don't feel like you have to read what you already had to witness), but I'm ready for a week off from a UGA game. You don't think I'm too dramatic do you??

Me neither. :)

No comments: